TCS230/TCS3200 Colour Recognition Sensor Detector Module PIC Pi Arduino ARM UK
The TCS3200 Colour Sensor Module uses a high quality light sensor allowing you to sense any colour through a combination of Red, Green and Blue.
The module provides all of the pins of the TCS3200 on convenient 0.1″ headers – ideal for use with PCBs, breadboard or stripboard.
Four white LEDs provide plenty of light for the colour sensor and allow you to use the module in any ambient light.
The module requires only a single supply voltage between 2.7V and 5.5V – making it compatible with nearly all common microcontrollers, including PICs, AVRs, ARM, Arduino and more!
The pin out is clearly labelled on the board and is as follows:
Header one on the left side of the board:
- S0: Output frequency scaling selection input (along with S1)
- S1: Output frequency scaling selection input (along with S0)
- OE: Output Enable – if held low, the output of the module is turned on
- GND: Ground – connect to 0V
Header two on the right side of the board:
- S3: Photodiode type (along with S2)
- S2: Photodiode type (along with S3)
- OUT: Output – A square wave appears here showing the intensity of the detected colour
- VCC: Power – connect to 2.7V-5.5V
The Photodiode type pins allow you to pick which colour light you are currently detecting:
|Only red light
|Only blue light
|Only green light
By combining the reading of each of the three colours, you can identify almost any visible colour!
For more information on the TCS3200 module, please see the datasheet: .
6) When upgrading to 1st class post, (if the option is available), please note this is sent via Royal Mail and is not a guaranteed next day service. If you need a 48hr service please select 48hr delivery at extra cost. This will be sent via Royal Mail or courier. I do not offer a 24hr service. No weekend or public bank holiday deliveries.
7) We attempt to send out all orders received before 10.00am. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
**** Important note **** Some sellers claim the stock is in the UK, please be careful, the seller is often in China and sends the item to a UK agent who then forwards the item on with a UK stamp. Check where the seller is located not just the item location. All my items are physically with me, here in the UK and I offer a quick delivery and communication within the UK.
During busy periods there maybe a delay in delivering your package by Royal Mail. I apologies in adavnce for any inconvenience but would like to point this out before you place your order.